Mizuno Golf has been in the iron game for a long time. They have consistently made a great looking, effective iron. Whether it is forged or a game-improvement iron they have done things the right way. Northway 8 Golf will be hosting their Mizuno Launch Event to promote the new product.
Mizuno Launch Event – JPX 900 Hot Metal Irons
The Hot Metal irons are Mizuno’s “game-improvement” irons. These are going to be for distance and forgiveness. Mizuno has utilized new materials to make this face hotter than it has ever been; hence the name Hot Metal.
- 15% stronger material than 17-4 pH Stainless steel provides the added strength for our hottest face ever
- Ultra-thin face combined with our re-engineered CORTECH multi-thickness design provides superior initial ball speed for maximum distance
- More mass is pushed to the extreme perimeter of the club head for industry leading MOI
- POWER FRAME geometry is a result of our Harmonic Impact Technology.The rigid POWER FRAME provided an extremely solid impact sound while allowing maximum face rebound.
UNITIZED CUP FACE GEOMETRY:
- Through complex development techniques we were able to achieve Unitized Cup Face Geometry, delivering a massive COR AREA.
- Unitized Cup Face Geometry also provides more discretionary weight than welded cup face designs, thus allowing for a deeper CG and greater forgiveness
Mizuno Launch Event – JPX 900 Forged Irons
The JPX 900 Forged are built on the foundation of the JPX 850 irons, which had the first integration of boron, with and improved look, feel, distance and ball speed.
Benefits from Boron:
- 1025 Boron is roughly 30% stronger than 1025E, allowing thinner, hotter, more extreme geometry.
- Increased strength of Boron material grees up discretionary weight to be more optimally used.
- Grain Flow Forging process delivers soft, solid, consistent feel.
NEW CORTECH Design
- Multi-Thickness Face Allows for higher ball speed retention on off center hits
- Oriented to optimizer rebound and ball speeds on center impacts
- Large rebound area combined with COR Tech helps deliver a new level of COR for a forged iron
Reshaped Pocket Cavity:
- Thinnest area of sole extended in both the Toe and Heel directions for more ball speed across the face
- 21.5 grams removed to be redistributed to the Power Frame for forgiveness and stability