NORTHWAY GOLF ACADEMY
We offer two indoor/outdoor temperature controlled hitting bays. This makes year round swing analysis with the V1 Computerized Video Analysis and the Flight Scope Launch Monitor possible.
Individual instruction with any of our PGA teaching professionals. These lessons are booked in one half hour increments, and can be tailored to each individual’s needs. Anything from the fundamentals to the smallest swing flaw will be addressed at your request.
- PRIVATE LESSONS: $45.00 (Adult) – $35.00(Junior)
- PRIVATE – 5 LESSON PACKAGE: – $199 (Adult) – $155 (Junior)
Lesson Policy: All lessons must be prepaid in order to reserve your time with our instructors. Should you need to cancel or re-schedule a lesson or instructional program, we require a minimum of 24 hours advance notice. Cancellations within 24 hours of the appointment will not be refunded. Due to the demand of lessons and advanced bookings, please schedule your appointments carefully. Clinics are booked in sessions. There are no make-up classes for partially missed sessions. TECHNOLOGY ANALYSIS W/INSTRUCTION- $55.00 (Adult), $45.00 (Junior) Complement any private lesson with the latest in technology; the most comprehensive instructional package available anywhere. Choose from either the Vector Launch Monitor to maximize your drives, or V1 Computerized Video Analysis for the added consistency you’ve been looking for. These lessons are booked in one half hour increments.
PRIVATE GROUP LESSONS:$55.00 per person-1 hour lesson (3- 4 golfers per group) An excellent opportunity for a small group of a similar ability level to receive instruction. Wheter beginning or trying to break eighty, this small group approach is most effective in helping each participant lower his/her scores. Focusing on specific group needs, the instructor will aid each individual as in a private lesson. The advantage clearly being economical as this lesson is one full hour in duration.
SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS: $55.00 (adult/adult), $45.00 (adult/junior), $40.00 (junior/junior) Experience the benefits of individual instruction with another friend or family member. This lesson is much the same as a private lesson, focusing on specific concerns, yet it allows two individuals to participate, often leading to the added benefit of helping one another after the fact.
Short Game Clinic
Co Ed -- $30.00 Per Person Per Session (Includes use of Range Balls)
- Description: Widely recognized as the key to lower scores, this clinic addresses the basic elements of Putting, Chipping, Pitching an Bunker Play. Regardless of your skill level, understanding the fundamentals of shot game will not only lead to increased confidence on and around the greens, but translate to higher performance in that arena as well.
- Dates: Available on Tuesdays – May 7th – August 27th (Date Exceptions – July 16th, July 30th, August 13th)
- Time: 6:00PM – 7:00PM
- Max Number of Students: 10 person max
Junior Golf Clinic
$30/person — 1Hr./Session (Includes use of Range Balls)
- Description: These clinics will target Full Swing fundamentals and the basic elements of Short Game with an emphasis on learning proper techniques and enjoying the game of golf. *students will be grouped by age and ability, when necessary*
- Time: 10am – 11am
- Full Swing: June 22nd, July 13th, July 27th, August 3rd, August 24th
- Short Game: July 6th, July 20th, and August 17th
- Age Group: 6 – 16
Practice With The Pros
$30/person — 1Hr./ Session (includes use of Range Balls)
- Description: Come out and work on your game with some Professional guidance. One of our Teaching Professionals will lead you through and oversee a typical practice session, giving you tips to address your specific needs. The hours will be split between 3 different phases: Chipping, Putting and Full Swing.
- Dates: Available on Thursday’s – May 2nd – August 22nd (Date Exceptions – July 18th, August 1st, and August 15th)
- Time: 6:00PM – 7:00pm
- Max Number of Students 10 person max
Intro to Golf
Adult Beginner Clinic – CoEd $30.00 Per Person Per Session (Includes use of Range Balls)
- Description: This clinic is designed specifically for the beginner golfer. Areas of instruction will include grip, stance, alignment, posture and basic swing fundamentals.
- Dates: All Wednesdays May 1st – August 28th (Date Exceptions –July 17th and 31st, August 14th)
- Time: 6:00PM – 7:00PM
- Max Number of Students: 10 person max
To sign up for any of Golf School or Camp Programs online, you must do so through the town of Clifton Park by either printig out the registration form and mailing it in with payment or by using their online registration module. (Please Note: When doing the online registration you will be immediately prompted to create a username and password for the town of Cliftion Park enrollment module. After completed you must enter the name of the student under my household and then proceed to events list. Under events list you will select golf school and select the date that you wish to participate in. If you have any problems you may call the store 371-3141 and ask for Terry.
For the Office of Parks Recreation website for online registration Click Here
Please note: private lessons and additional group instruction are also available anytime at Northway Golf Center. Please contact the pro shop at 518-371-3141.
*Any student not picked up within 15 minutes after class will incur $3.00/minute late fee.
Northway Golf will not be able to offer these programs unless there is a minimum of 12 participants.
Junior Golf Camp - Half Day
(Ages 6-16)(Grouped by age)($150) HALF DAY, 9am-12:00pm(Mon-Thurs)
- The first 3 days will consist of 3 hours of targeted instruction on chipping, putting, and the full swing at Northway Golf Center. The fourth and final day, will take place at Barney road Golf Course and consist of a 3-hour on-course playing lesson.
- 2019 Dates:
- Week 1: July 8th-11th (Session 590-1)
- Week 2: July 22nd-25th (Session 590-2)
- Week 3: August 19th-22nd (Session 590-3)
- Week 4: August 26th- 29th(Session 590-4)
- Time: 9am – 12pm
- Sign-up Form: Half Day Camp Registration Form
Junior Golf Camp - Full Day
(Ages 7-16)(Grouped by age)($275) FULL DAY, 10am-3pm(Mon-Thurs)
- Each day will consist of 2 hours of targeting instruction (chipping, putting and full swing) at Northway Golf Center, a one hour lunch break, then a 2-hour on course playing lesson that will put the training into action(@Barney Road Golf Course).(Transportation included for juniors)
- 2019 Date:
- Week 1: July 15th-18th (Session 590-5)
- Week 2: July 29th-August 1st (Session 590-6)
- Week 3: August 12th-15th (Session 590-7)
- Time: 10am – 3pm
- Sign-up Form: Full Day Camp Registration Form
$75 FOR IRONS OR WOODS - $150 FOR FULL BAG (Woods, Irons, Wedges and Putter)
Designed for those who want what the tour players have; equipment that maximizes the players ability. Angle of attack, spin rate, smash factor, horizontal and vertical launch, are just some of Flight Scope’s capabilities. With all of the mathematical factors in a golf swing, sometimes this approach can show what the naked eye cannot catch!
* Fees will be waived with purchase of new equipment that day.
* Fitting fee may be applied to purchase of equipment within 30 days after fitting.
We offer the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art professional swing analysis available today!
$55 per 1/2 HR - 1/2 Hour-Individual
Some of us need a visual aid to learn something new. We may say your swing is steep, or your swing too much with your arms, and to lead with your lower body. What does all of this mean? See for yourself. Sometimes what we are actually doing is far different than what we perceive we are doing. That’s where the video comes into play.
See first hand, why you may be told that your take away is inside or you release the club too early. The video analysis features a video of your swing with comments by one of our golf pros. They will guide you through your swing, and pinpoint inaccuracies and flaws. Your will receive a digital copy of your lesson to watch at home.